Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rescued my pictures from Webshots

I was looking back at my old NOLS photos that I had posted on Webshots.com about 6 years ago.  I realized how awful that site was and how feature-less and not very user friendly it was compared to Picasa.  They require you to use their software to download your OWN photos, which I reluctantly did.  However, they limit you to only downloading one of your albums, luckily I only had two on there.  I used the terrible software to get my 56 NOLS pictures back on my computer, then quickly uninstalled it. 

I did a google search and found this Greasemonkey script that allowed me to download all of the Webshots photos that I wanted (fancy that?!?!).  I just deleted the albums I had on their site, they don't allow you to delete your account (sounds about right doesn't it?)

My photos are being uploaded to Picasa right now, i'll post the links when they are done

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! have had the same thing happen, old photos on there that I no longer have elsewhere (and very special ones!). I will try this link you gave - thanks!

    ReplyDelete