Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I've been up to lately

Hello my family!

This may turn out to be a bunch of randomness, let's see......

Went to swing dancing last night with Katy, Jonathan, and Sarah, we went over a year ago and decided to go again, i think it will be a weekly thing which would be fun.

I had duck sausage and goat's cheese on my pizza last night

In the last 3 months these are the tracks that have been most popular for me according to Last.fm: (from most plays to least)
The Grascals – Sail Away Ladies
Alan Munde – Sail Away Ladies
John Hartford – Sail Away Ladies
Roger Whittaker – Christmas is Here Again
Doc Watson/Norman Blake/Tony Rice – Salt Creek
Carroll Best – Whiskey Before Breakfast
Phoenix – Armistice
Alison Krauss – Cluck Old Hen
Tony Trischka – Fisher's Hornpipe
Tony Trischka – Red Haired Boy
John Hartford – Fiddle Tune?
Jay Buckey – Sweet Georgia Brown
John Prine – Christmas In Prison
Tony Rice – Temperance Reel
Norman Blake – Texas Gales
Bill Keith – Cherokee Shuffle
Mumford & Sons – Little Lion Man
Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks
Alan Munde – Billy In The Lowground
Mumford & Sons – The Cave
Phoenix – Lisztomania
Phoenix – Lasso

Since December 1 these are the songs I've learned on banjo:

Whiskey Before Breakfast

I've been more involved with banjo hangout lately I've created two tabs and submitted them, I've been playing banjo since 2003, I think I can change my profile from "novice" to "purty good"

Today I went to countrytabs.com to look at a John Hartford song, spent 5 minutes looking for my password to login, then found out that the tab was incorrect.  Then I found out that I could NOT right click or copy and paste the tab so I could make it better.  I disabled javascript on the page, turns out the tab is a .jpg image, which I saved to my computer.  I didn't feel like typing in the words so I uploaded it to a free online OCR service. I copied the resulting text into LibreOffice and switched it to Courier New to so that letter spacing will remain equal.  Then I sat down and tabbed out the chords myself, when I was done I went to Ultimate-Guitar.com and submitted the tab so that many other people can benefit from it.  They will also be able to right click and copy it how ever they want to and even change keys.  They also won't need to log in to see it.  All this made me realize I have a wealth of John Hartford songs with chords that I should put on there.

I've rediscovered Bob Black as a banjo player

The Session is pretty great for fiddle tunes that I can then turn into banjo tunes

That's about all I have in my brain right now

Actually, one more thing, a year after building my desktop I think I've finally figured out why it would sometimes crash when I plugged in a USB drive, I removed the stupid thin metal cutout in the back that i think was shorting out on the computer case and then re-shorting (or something) when the usb touched the case and the motherboard at the same time

No comments:

Post a Comment