Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birrrrrrrthdayy to me...

I'm writing this now with tears in my eyes after watching the amazing video creation that was just sent to me. It was such a joy to watch and I know i'll watch it many more times while i'm here in Hong Kong. Thank you so much mom and Austin for putting in the hours to create it.

This past weeks was another crazy one, although not as crazy because I wasn't leading an Adventure camp group, I was just working support for Adventure camp and surfcamp. So I was helping to set up and take down equipment. I also floated around to fill in for other instructors throughout the week.

This meant running beach games with 8-9-10 year olds on Monday morning then helping with the 6-7 year old beach games in the afternoon.

Tuesday: Set up the rigging on the gorge for the adventure camp and then make placemats and do some gardening with the 6-7 year olds.

Wednesday: Ran an "Adventure Challenge" in the morning and then learned how to set up a belay station at the abseil in the afternoon.

Thursday: Run beach "Olympics" with 2 groups in the morning and then make sand castles and chalk drawings with the 6-7 year olds until they left.

Friday was a day of kayaking, the adventure camp in the morning and then 18 11-12 year olds in the afternoon.























For my birthday we all went out to the Nepalese Restaurant in Wan Chai on Hong Kong Island


This was on Wednesday night, 20 people ended up coming out it was pretty crazy, the food was amazing and we all had an awesome time


The last two days I haven't been doing anything and that's a good thing, it's been a while since i've just been able to just sit down and not be doing anything other than tapping on the keyboard and sipping coffee. Things continue to get me down about this job so I need to make extra sure that I'm taking care of myself.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Adam- The pictures are so nice, thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed the birthday video. We really enjoyed making it. We wanted to do something special-being the big 25 this year. You look really good in the pictures-don't lose any more weight though- you must really be burning calories! Try and stay "up" about things. We are always here for you. Love ya-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adam for the latest news and pictures. It is really great to hear of your life and all that is going on in Hong Kong for you. Looks like you had a great birthday gathering and a fun time with your co-workers. Received your message this PM when we arrived home. Sorry we missed your call. Good to hear your voice. Keep positive about things and all will be well for you. Thinking of you. Love ya-Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Adam! I should give you a call soon. I was so excited when I heard your message, but disappointed I missed it. Tyler and I stayed at his parents over the weekend with their dogs because they went to Maine to visit Lise's sister. I'm glad you had fun on your birthday and that you are getting some chill out time! Love you! Karen

    ReplyDelete