Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Only 2 new posts in July...

I was going to twitter more but I'll just write a quick post since I really need to post more, only a week and a half left and I only have 2 posts this month.

Excuse the randomness...

Today really felt like being at home, woke up at 10 made coffee and pancakes, drank and ate while watching baseball...went in to work, ate lunch, set up beach olympics, pitched 3 tents, picked up surf camp stuff and came home before 4pm, did laundry and ate the appetizer sized dinner of pizza, i.e. loaf of bread with pizza crap on top of it. (Later they brought us a bunch of spaghetti because so many people complained...)

Ate some ice cream, now i'm watching Colbert Report and messing around with computer stuff...I could be sitting in New York right now. It feels good to be "going back to my roots" these are all things that I haven't done much of lately. It's tough when so many things go on to take care of these things.

I need a hair cut...

I bought some really good sun screen recommended by Karen

I'm trying to learn Down Yonder on the fiddle

The water coming from the sink is the color of yellow tea because of the typhoon that just went through.

One of the new staff is leaving to go back to New York next Monday, actually he's our flatmate, so we'll have an empty room for a little bit.

I have my first pair of flip-flops since I was like 5, I bought them on my birthday for 48 HKD aka $7 'merica bucks

McDonalds has a new summer promotion here with a Strawberry kit-kat mcflurry and a Italian coffee shake, they're both unbelievably spectacular.

I'm really really missing bluegrass festivals right now, they are such amazing places, I feel so free travelling to them every summer

I've actually found some decent icecream at the central ferry pier 6, 7 HKD for a soft cone, I think it's actual good instead of just Hong Kong good

I just found out there is a movie coming out with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale, thanks to Katy for keeping me in the loop


So there's a collection of a bunch of "Twitters" that I could have posted...

7 comments:

  1. Say-- thanks for the news of your life in HK.  Glad to hear from you.  We are all a little kranky here with the rain falling again tonight.  We always have wet feet.  Today was rather ok but now we are wet again.  We are busy and getting busier it seems trying to fit summer fun in and still accomplish something. We're racing against time since we know autumn is just around the corner. Keep safe and happy Adam. Love you-Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam- Thanks for your blog entry (aka bunch o'twitters). It is so cool to hear of your daily activities as well as thoughts. It was great to talk to you the other day. Hope work is going well this week. It was nice to have some down time-mmmm coffee, pancakes, and baseball... Today was sunny, all day, wow! It is isn't over yet though. Rain could appear any minute 'round here. Keep in touch- we look for the one-line twitters! Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just sitting at the Fitty center, it looks like there's a typhoon going through here right now, it's raining so hard. Totally wish I was at home, could be accomplishing a lot more. I wish I could give you a haircut, but I will allow you to recieve a Hong Kong one. I can't remember which sunscreen I recommended, there's the Neutrogena one, and there's the continuous spray kinds in the can,Coppertone's my favorite spray. Both of those kinds are pretty awesome. I've been using Presun lately, but oh that Neutrogena feels so great. Anywho It was great to read your updates, and hope you keep having good times. Love you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Adam! How are you doing? Sounds like you enjoyed a little time off...as far as rain, it's still here- some sun mixed in between the drops. Bluegrass festivals would be very soggy this year.You would have to sleep in a hammock to avoid the bogs. My turn at the Fitty Center today, although I don't usually work Sunday, it's against my religion...We are all thinking of you and miss you greatly. Love- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Adam-Great twitter messages-we look forward to reading about your days activities. Sun all day today-We just don't know quite how to act with it. We are always looking for the rain cloud to come in. Celebrated Uncle Steve's birthday-Sunday. The summer birthdays are well underway. Kristen is next-wow 15 all ready. Keep up the good work-keep the twitter messages flowing.
    Love ya-Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.pressrepublican.com/0100_news/local_story_209235000.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adam- swing dancing, sounds like fun! Building compost sounds...interesting. You certainly do some pretty different things in the course of one week. Hope things are going well in HK. The press-republican thing above is about some PSU students going to HK-it was a little blurb in one of the "of interest" sections of the paper. There are four of them going to Treasure Island for the six months and 15 credit hours. We just went to Potsdam's orientation Wed. and Thurs. It was very good. Lots of info. and I think Austy and Erin feel more comfortable with the campus. We miss you and look for the twitters- Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete