Monday, September 14, 2009

T8! And a whole lotta randomness...

Prepare for this post it started out as just the first paragraph and eventually evolved into a crazy random mess. You've been warned...


Here's a picture of the storm track (5000?) that everyone checks incessantly around here. This doesn't mean much really, it's a t8 if it has 60kmph winds or 150 kmph winds... I just looked and this one has 90kmph winds or 50 mph winds --thank you iPhone conversion app--

It does mean that we might get some decent surfing waves rolling into Pui O over the next few days.

Meaghan is leaving tomorrow to go back to the US for two weeks and then to Chile to start her new life.... That just leaves Bryan and I left or just me left since I'm the only one of the original spring crew that's been here the entire 7 months. (I wonder if that says anything about this company...)


I'm leaving for a week long trip to the Philippines this Sunday night, it should be pretty awesome. I've also gotten pretty heavily back into my nerd side, with installing new operating systems. Yo Dawg! I put an operating system inside your operating system so you can nerd while you nerd! I've also been getting more into networking and wireless setups. I just bought a new wireless card off from the Hong Kong eBay so now all 3 of my network cards can have a party and they don't have to keep inviting that mean external hard drive. You know the one that shocks you and leaves static electricity on everything.

I also got my iPod replaced this weekend but only after a multi-floored battle royal that started with a bare-knuckle street fight with several lowly interns. Then I made it to the computer techs level which ended very quickly considering the only weapon they used was pretentiousness. After several mini-boss battles it all culminated with a no-holds-barred octagon match with the brain behind Apple Computers, Steve Jobs himself. He may be fresh out of a liver transplant but that doesn't make him any less vicious. The match was held inside a white and black ring with brushed aluminum accents...

OK, as much as that might have actually happened, that was a really just a long way of describing how I walked in to the service center and walked out with my fixed iPod less than 5 minutes later...

I've also found a place that sells real Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Gummi Bears! In fact here's a picture Katy took of me eating my first Reese's cup in over 7 months, pretty appalling I know.
I also found "The Thru-Hiker's Bounty" aka Lipton Pasta Sides. Ahh they bring back some awesome memories. I also bought a nerds rope, I couldn't believe it nerds rope! They had soda with corn syrup in it too! Now I can by my own inferior tasting carbonated beverages right here in Hong Kong! What a wonderful place...

This post just got really crazy and sarcastic but I just can't draw it to a close, it's probably lack of sleep coupled with massively heightened blood sugar levels.

For some reason I never got a text or email notification from my Skype voicemail, sorry for not getting back to you mom!

5 comments:

  1. Best post ever. Oh god I want Reese's peanut butter cups so bad, I haven't had any in like 7 minutes. jk, it's been like a week or two. I've been nerding out too, I got my 500G external harddrive and got my files off my old computer before it dies. I was going to buy a 1T drive but they were sold out. Hughie's got one and hasn't filled it up yet, so I should be safe with ONLY 500 freakin' Gigs for now. Lise has the 1T also. I still can't believe how much memory you can get for so cheap now, this must be what it's like to be old. "When I was your age the biggest hard drive you could get was 30Gigabytes, and it cost $300!, now you kids have yer 1 terabyte for half as much....lazy good-for-nothing... Kids these days don't know what it's like to work hard." That what I was saying to Kristen the other day. Not really, but it's like that. Love you! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also the new layout is okay, I'm on the work computer so I can't view the picture slideshows. Everything just sits to the right so I have to scroll right to get it into view. That is all. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam- It was great to talk to you this morning.I didn't get to read your entry from Monday before I spoke to you-it was great as always! I wasn't sure what was up with the layout of your blog-thought something was screwed up. I guess I liked the index of blogs on the side because I went back often to read previous ones. I wasn't sure if I could still do that. Karen's comment was funny too. I really miss you guys and your many "senses" of humor- thinking of you and miss ya. Love- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. Now I'm disappointed that you didn't actually confront Steve Jobs in an attempt to overthrow his Planned Obsolesence Regime. Oh well.

    Speaking of nerdity and computers dying, mine is incapacitated right now. Woo! I think I have to make some kind of boot disk or something (NTLDR cannot be found). Luckily I got most of my most important files off of it and onto this thing (you know, the thing with the incomplete, unreleased OS that will start shutting down autonomously in a few months. That thing.) beforehand.

    Toke to yeh laitah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy-I can still go back and read previous entries-It's like reading a really good book again-full of HK adventure!Thanks for thinking of us over here and keeping us in the loop. We are so thankful you are doing well. Always great to tune in each day. We love you so much and miss ya. Love-Mom

    ReplyDelete