Thursday, February 4, 2010

in kathmandu nepal now

It's been a busy few days here in nepal, going around with Khem to various meetings, listening to hours of Nepalese that I don't understand, eating rice and curry and rice and curry and chicken and rice and curry and dhal and rice and curry.  Khem and I went out of the city two days ago to scout for places for his company and he found a place to make an abseil.
 
We plan on leaving for our trek on the 8th for about 16 days then some rafting or something.  Back to Hong Kong on the 25th I think, weather is good here 50-60 and sunny, the city is dusty and busy, it reminds me a little of the Philippines, but much different culture here.
 
Khem butchered a chicken in his bathroom here and burned the feathers off with a kerosene burner and made a curry dish out of it for lunch, charred feathers and all...
 
The electricity comes and goes here, on for an hour off for six, then on for 5 then off for 3 that's how it is here is guess.
 
Things are good, wish I could post pictures but I dont have my cable so that will have to wait. 

Posted via email from Doc Bones in Hong Kong

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam- Great to hear from you. We followed your spot pager and thought you were trekking already because it looked like you had gone kind of far. Thanks for the call the other night ( got message on machine). I had the phone in the bedroom turned off and didn't hear the kitchen one and woke up to some talking- realized it was your voice when you were just about to hang up. I was right in a fog that night because I had trouble sleeping and when I got to sleep I was in a deep sleep I guess. Sounds like things are going well, experiencing yet another place and culture. We are thinking of you and hope all continues to go well. Love you much and miss you. Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adam-Been thinking about you and wondering just where your adventures have been taking you. Trying to get on and read your posting-been rather busy. Sounds like you are getting more and different culture experiences. The snow around here has not accumulated too much since our thaw. The ice fishing has been good the last few weekends. Laurie's Michael has been having some success. We are looking forward to more daylight hours-this month is passing by rather quickly. Keep safe Adam - Love you much
    Love Nana & Papa C.

    ReplyDelete