Sunday, November 8, 2009

New addition to the family....

Yesterday, I met Katy in the city with plans of going to get my haircut, look at acoustic guitars, and maybe go Christmas shopping.

Ended up we (I) spent a lot of time looking at and playing guitars, before finally deciding on one. It ended up being about $170 US for a solid top guitar and soft case. They don't bargain or give discounts at the place I bought from, I couldn't even get picks or cheap strings or a discount on the gig bag from them... Anyway I think it's an excellent guitar for the price I paid, nice wood, and fretboard, deep bass sound with decent mid and high range. This is all coming from a guy who hasn't really played a decent instrument for more than 5 minutes in about 8 months, so who knows anymore.

Before purchasing the guitar Katy and I went to Pizza Express and had some really good food, yes Good good, (not Hong Kong good, for those of you keeping track) I had a pizza and Katy had marinated portabello mushroom with greens and almonds on it.

We also decided to go see "This is it" Michael Jackson's movie and it actually wasn't bad, it definately changed my view of him.

A 5 day 3 night camp starts tomorrow at 7:15, I'm still recovering from last week, vocally, mentally, and physically, but I should be ready to go tomorrow. I'm staying over Tuesday and Wednesday this week with the kids.

I'm doing the gauntlet of activities again this week with kayaking, gorging, adventure race, Cheung Chau expedition, raft building, among many others in our action packed days.
Dinner in Mui Wo with a bunch of the gang in about an hour.

I just recorded 3 videos for people to see my new acquisition, "Understand Your Man" is a new one that I learned from Johnny Cash and then the ol' standby "Wreck of Old 97" and then finally a record of the "Redwing" tribute piece I arranged after Millard passed away.





3 comments:

  1. OMG, Adam- This post only confirms how much you are missed! I couldn't get through it without the tears streaming down my face. It is so great to see you and see you playing guitar. It sounds so nice, too. It must have felt good to play. What a great tribute to Millard. I think of him often and my taking up the fiddle is a tribute to his life with music. Great to hear Johnny Cash too! I'm glad you and Katy had a good day. Thanks for the post- it made my day. Love you much- Mom {:=}---

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, it's funny to see Mom saw "OMG" but it's true, I couldn't get through the videos without crying either... I loved the Johnny Cash, you do his songs well, and you're guitar playing sounded great. That haircut also gets the Karen haircutting stamp of approval, though anything shorter is better :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Cool guitar. You definitely got some value with that thing. I can't wait to see you play the Babicz again, though. And your singing is sounding good! Michael Jackson was a spectacular fellow. College is going well, if not way too busy and isolating, but it's not like I can complain to you about that, heh heh. I hope you put some more videos up.

    Yo' bro',
    Austin

    ReplyDelete