Saturday, March 6, 2010

The New Season

It's been a busy week,
Monday - Canopy set up and make preparations for the camp on Tuesday that I was coordinating
Tuesday - Big Group welcome with 60 3rd graders and lead a group of 20 kids through biking, sand sculpture, and eco-scavenger hunt
Wednesday - Take down canopy, set up gorge and run a training on it, Irvin set up a Tyrolean traverse
Thursday - Woke up late....turned off alarm and went back to sleep...oops, ran in to work and ran a coasteering training, then ran biking in Mui Wo training in the evening
Friday - Camp was rescheduled so we worked on prep for upcoming camps then I ran a Tree I.D. session
Saturday - really lazy day, but worth it, maybe they should be paying me more with the amount of staff training I'm doing, also made pizza, think I'm getting the hang of it, just need a pizza stone for it to really come out good.

I think I'm waiting tables tomorrow, just over 12 months here and I've been able to completely avoid this until now, that's the deal for getting today off, it's a half day so it shouldn't be too bad.

Next week is:
Mon - Rope practice
Tues - Cheung Chau
Wed - Belay at the abseil
Thurs & Fri - ??

The Lapsap Band has been practising every day in preparation of taking their show on the road in random places across Lantau and Hong Kong. I'll have to get some recordings or video up soon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam- Thanks for the entry. Always cool to hear about life in HK. It is really neat that the Lapsap band has reunited... what fun it must be to play again! Been hoping to talk to you soon by phone... I know you have been super busy this week so I didn't call you but figured maybe this weekend would be better. Things are well here. It's looking more like spring this week-sunny and 40's. We change clocks on the 14th to daylight savings- yayyyy!! Austy off this coming week for spring break, before you know it he will be done. I've been fiddle playin' and hoping to have you order second Jay Buckey book when you get back home- which is approx. when by the way? I wasn't sure April or May... Papa and I have been having a good time playing together, he is learning to read music and doing very well!We are thinking of you and love you. Love, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to call home soon, sorry about that :| The Jay Buckey book is an e-book so maybe i can order it from here and have Kristen print it out.

    I plan on booking my ticket for sometime in the first week of May, I'm trying to find the best rate. Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete