Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dragonboating

I'm with Katy at her parent's flat in Ma On Shan, we saw Jonathan off to Japan this morning and we went back to the flat to rest since it was a pretty late night last night especially being out the door at 6am to get at taxi.

We made some guacamole from scratch and it was incredible.  I packed my bags for the week and Katy and I rushed out to catch the bus, but we missed it.  We went to plan B and instead of taking a bus into the city we took the MTR.

I bought a new router in Sham Shui Po, it took us a little while to find the exact one that I wanted, but the old adage holds true, "you can find any computer part you'd ever need in Hong Kong you just have to look long enough." Luckily it wasn't that long, maybe 30 minutes of wandering. I had my full Go-Lite bag complete with fiddle, camelbak, and laptop case. Katy helped me carry a lot of the stuff while I dodged and ran around trying to find the piece i needed.

Once I purchase my prize we caught a taxi right up to Ma On Shan and we looked at the summary website for Jonathan's Japan trip, he should finally be arriving to his final destination about now after a full day of traveling.

Tomorrow I head into Sai Kung for the dragonboating experience, it will be interesting to see how it turns out.  It is supposed to be really windy tomorrow, I think we will be protected from the swell, but it doesn't matter because my job is 100% land based anyway.

I should be done at 2pm every day so it will be really nice to have that time off in the afternoon, i brought some curry ingredients up here to Ma On Shan in hopes that a chicken will come in contact with them and then fall into the frying pan.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another great Adam adventure. It will be so cool to hear about this one! Have a good week! We love you-Mom

    ReplyDelete