Sunday, October 3, 2010

Monday Morning Football

Up this morning getting my weekly football fix. Up a little later than I wanted, but Katy and I went to bed at midnight so it's alright.  Now i'm waiting for the 8:20 game to start and i'll run in to work just before 9 and follow the rest of the game there.

This weekend was really great, so restful. Here's a brief summary for your reading pleasure.

Thursday - Finish Katy's school's camp, go into Sai Kung and eat at the best pizza place I've ever been to in Southeast Asia we got the 24" "Godfather" and finished the entire thing.  Then the staff and I boarded the bus to Ma On Shan where I put them all on an airport bus and then walked across the street to Katy's parent's flat and met Katy and spent the night there.

Friday - Slept in really late, went into Sai Kung for a meeting at 3:10.  Talked about dragonboating.  Went back to Ma On Shan, boarded a bus to Wan Chai.  Got my hair cut at a place that only accepts 50 HKD bills and you are in and out in 10 minutes (pictures to come soon, Jonathan has them on his iPhone) Katy, Jonathan, and I bought some outdoor gear for Jonathan's trip to Japan next week, then we went to get Nepalese food at the Himalaya.  We raced to the ferry pier only to find out that the ferry was canceled on account of the Commie Day's fireworks...So we ended up taking a taxi the other way around instead of waiting 50 minutes for a 50 minute ferry back to Lantau.

Saturday - Jonathan was up and out for all his usual Saturday lessons and Katy and I slept in.  We met former T.I. staff and recent passer through of HK, Cameron.  We had coffee with him and picked up some stuff in Mui Wo.  Then we came back to our flat and relaxed some more, then went to a party in Mui Wo and from there we went to the T.I. flats to join in the usual craziness.  On the way, however, we crossed paths with a harmonica/guitar player playing with a clawhammer banjo player on the sidewalk in Mui Wo right by the shore.  The two guys were from Quebec and were on their way to a festival in China I was really hoping they were living or working in Hong Kong, but they were just passing though... I sat down and played a couple tunes with them, it was OK, it was an open back clawhammer Gold Tone and I had no finger picks 


It was a blast playing with some real musicians and game my live music starved soul a nice booster shot, at least it's not on as much life support as it used to be here in The Big Lychee


Sunday - Slept in, met Jonathan in Mui Wo to eat Chinese food, went to the farmer's market and Park N Shop for tons of food, caught a taxi back and waited in vain for the internet maintenance guy to come.  Five phone calls and 5 hours later, still no acceptable outcome besides rescheduling the appointment (for a 5th time!) because they have failed to show up and have never called to let us know either way.  We got a "supervisor" to write a note to the technician saying he needed to come today, ***IM SHORE THATLL WERK!11!!!1!***

Once we realized they weren't coming (EVER) Katy and I caught a bus to the airport, we were going to just buy a plane ticket to anywhere that had internet, but then realized that we left our best knickers in the washing machine and simply couldn't count on Jonathan to hang them out to dry for us.


Actually I signed a 12 month contract for my cellphone.  In the last month I've spent 300 HKD on phone cards and was given another 100 HKD (~13USD) phone card that I've also blown through.  So it really made sense to sign up for something, so now if i ever lose my SIM card, I'll still have the number that I've given everyone AND put on my business cards, I'll also be able to just carry around one phone since I now have wireless data on my main number, and I can unlimited* spam text Katy and anyone else on the 3HK network (*up to 10,000 free texts per month) So it should workout better, I'll pay about 228 HKD (~$30USD) a month for unlimited data and texts, 200 minutes to other 3HK customers and 1,000 minutes to everyone else or something like that.  I have to wait a couple days for the number to be ported over and need to bring them a proof of address, but it's pretty much all set.  Well as long as I can find a bank statement...


Monday - Go in to prep for the Year 4 camp coming Wednesday-Friday.  Also, I will give them my Invoice for the last three weeks of work! (plus one day)

No comments:

Post a Comment