Sunday, October 24, 2010

An infrequent update from...

...the other side if the world

Since my last post I've was off the next day and spent it with Katy, but everyday since I've worked on some level or another and I'm going straight through to the end if this week.

I had a day last weekend to prepare for the French camp that came this week, the typhoon had the second group cancel. This allowed me to spend two more days on the camp coming this week, then I pretty much spent the total of another day At home finalizing it for the staff meeting today(Sunday).

I'm coordinating 150 kids, 10 leaders, 3 support crew, and 11 or so teachers on this program. We've also never run the program before, this is the first year that they are using TI so I had a lot of work to do filling the massive gaps, most of which are still there until I can meet with the teachers tomorrow.

On a slightly more awesome note...I got a call from the guy that I borrowed the banjo from last year on Friday inviting me to a jam session Sunday. I'm on the ferry back from it now actually.

It was really fun, there were 3 of us, I played a bit of fiddle on soldiers joy while Stephen doubled on clawhammer, then I switched over to my ol' friend the toy washburn banjo and we played foggy mountain and earls breakdown. Then we rolled into a bunch of fiddle tunes I didn't know but want to learn now. Bill cheatem and Billy in the lowground, I've heard them before but the old joke "how do you tell the difference between two fiddle/banjo tunes?"

Ans. BY THEIR NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another busy week coming up for me hopefully I can fit in some fiddle time. After this week it really starts to slow down for me. Fist week of November I have off, then second week is co-coordinating then third week is off, then last week is one school. December is one two day school or something until I'm done for the year December 3rd!

My upcoming free time will be centered around the following projects: fixing the food shelf, putting in a permanent shower curtain bar, trying to find some way to get three new non-cockroach infested doors for the three rooms of the flat, getting another small wardrobe for winter clothes and to consolidate all my stuff from like 8 different places, flashing the firmware on the new router to something more stable, watching more NFL games, there's probably a bunch more but that's all I remember right now.







-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow-you sound busy!! Would would really want it
    any other way.... so cool you got to jam with the fiddle and toy banjo! Thanks for the update. It's always great to hear from you. Things are going well here. Yesterday was a gorgeous day-high 50s and sunny all day. Today however rain/some freezing this morning-mid 30's right now. Austin has his guitar performance on his compy right now- hopefully he'll send it to you-maybe have to remind him...He didn't place but he did win a raffle for a unique, very cool Fender t-shirt. Hope all is well with Katy and Jonathan. Hope to talk soon. Love you all much-Mom

    ReplyDelete