Thursday, March 12, 2009

Feeling much better, almost back to normal

This will be a quick post because it's late.

I'm almost back to feeling normal, I sat out of a few of the training activities we had yesterday and today (a hike, bike riding, and kayaking). I slept about 16 hours yesterday i think. I know my body pretty well at this point and I'd have to say that this sickness was less of a viral/bacteria infection and more of my mind/body/spirit saying that I've been neglecting it lately and it had had just about enough. Being in this or any new place I tend to push myself a further and further while neglecting more and more self-care. So I pretty much got over that sickness by resting and reading, with a movie, pizza, and a bunch of juice and ice cream thrown in there. Pretty much everything I haven't had in these two weeks that I've been here.

I still feel unsettled and out of tune with this place. I take great comfort in walking down the road and knowing what every tree is called, what every bird is called, what every stream is called and where it flows to, where each road goes, and what this or that building does. There is so much to learn here.

I'm like a child trying to do everything, say everything and be everything all at once.

-John Hartford

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better. Talk about sensory overload-and not a pace you've had since A.L.E. and the Long Trail. It was nice having you home at the North Country pace for awhile. You've done a lot in the two and half weeks you've been there! Take care...miss the banjo music... love you-mom

    ReplyDelete