Sunday, March 22, 2009

Last week

Last week was pretty busy, we had an Australian school come Monday (6th graders). So I was there to help them out because my real group (Shanghai) didn't come until Tuesday. Then Wednesday I broke off from them to go kayaking with yet another school coming in for a day. It was a pretty logistically crazy week. It was great weather all week, the sun was blazing Wednesday, but then hazed up Thursday and Friday.

My primitive skills package came in and I was able to use some of the materials in it to show how to make a matchless fire, well almost. I didn't have time to prepare everything so we tried a lot with the strikers and just couldn't get it to catch, but all the kids had fun trying and they got the point I think.

I found a stave to make a bow for my bowdrill set and I should be "busting" a coal sometime today. I feel a lot of relief now that I have that box, there are so many projects/possibilities in it. And for someone who is pretty knife-centric I felt pretty lost without my Leatherman the past 3 weeks.

We have a half day of work today and then I might go get some more groceries I think. We have two day camps coming Thursday and Friday so it should be a pretty chill week.

------Cantonese Lesson of the Day------
Joe-san = Good Morning

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to read your blog entries and see the pictures! We are all learning so much about Hong Kong. You seem like you are enjoying all aspects of the culture. Loved the Blue Grass picture...love you and talk you soon. Mom

    ReplyDelete