Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yo Dawg...

Yo Dawg, I heard you like browsing the internet and catching waves, so I put a surfboard in your computer so you can surf while you surf.

This week has been more of the same old stuff, playing some music, exploring more of Hong Kong. I (hopefully) finished the music organization project on Tuesday.

Wednesday we went to a Causeway Bay in the City to pass out fliers for the summer surf camp. We brought our instruments to play some music. I'm glad I'm going to be away from that banjo for a while, I'm just getting sick of the way it sounds and how awful it plays. In other words, it's like owning a high-definition big screen TV and Blue-ray player and only being able to watch a fuzzy VHS on a black and white TV.

I did come up with an idea for a new song while walking around the IFC mall, the new song is going to be called "Fire Hose Reel" haha. Now that I have the name the rest of it will be easy... I just have to figure out what makes something a "reel" i.e. St. Anne's Reel

Yesterday, we took a ferry into Discovery Bay. It was like walking into a different country, it almost felt like being back in the US. It was a little refreshing, but it did get old quick. I had a pretty nice burger at this 24-hour breakfast joint and checked out the Western (Gweilo) grocery store. Then took the bus (baah-see) to Tung Chung where I picked up an iPod case and then back to Pui O.

Bonus points for whomever can guess how much a golf cart costs in Discovery Bay (Hint: it starts with 156 and ends with 3 zeros)










Looks like I'll be doing some kayaking for a birthday party at Ooh La La on Sunday, hooray for free food! It'll probably be sandwitches, but I ain't complaining, it could be peanut butter torillas or pepperoni and cheese for the 300th+ time









I'll leave everyone with some inspirational words from The Good Ol' Boy himself. As they illustrate a lot about where I'm at right now.

--Prayer---

I love life
Every morning I wake up
Saying in the back of my mind
This could be my last day on earth
This could be the last time
I ever feel the wind raising the hair on my body
Or touch of my feet to the ground
Or the warmth of your flesh next to mine

This could be the last chance I'll have
To watch all kinds of people
Doing all kinds of things
And thinking all kinds of thoughts
And all kinds of directions around me
This might even be my last chance
To spend everything I've saved since last night
Or hear all your sounds ringing though my head

It might even be my last chance
To be sick
I'm like a child trying to do everything
And say everything, see everything,
And be everything all at once
Should I wake up some morning
GOD help me,
And find myself bored among the walking dead

-John Hartford --Housing Project--

2 comments:

  1. Hi Adam- Discovery Bay, sounds like something from Walt Disney World. The scenery around Hong Kong must me pretty awesome when you are right there. Good Ol' John Hartford... He certainly has a way with words. Just to let you know Millard passed away two days ago...very sad. He was certainly an inspiration. So glad you could do the tribute song for him. We miss you and love you much- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,
    Read you postings. Enjoy hearing about your adventures. Sounds like you are enjoying the foods and all the rest of it. We are to have an 81 degree day tomorrow-Saturday. Spring is here. Miss you-keep safe. Love you - Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete