Thursday, June 11, 2009

I can't escape it!

I might be 8,000 miles away from home, but my yearly occurrences still follow me everywhere I go.

It first started with the hideous jelly fish rash in the Philippines, this instance substituted my streak of 23 consecutive years of getting poison ivy with a year of jelly fish rash to commemorate my 24th year. (How did I get poison ivy as a 1 year old? I don't know but I would not be surprised if it actually happened. Poison Ivy and I are like soul mates destined to be together...)

Next up, I walked into the flat last night to find an inch of water in the middle of the floor spreading out into all the bedrooms and most/all of the living room. After a good 2 hour mopping session and about 9 gallons of water later, I had to begin sorting out all the books and clothes that became soaked. This seems vaguely familiar....every spring.....there's something that I feel compelled to do......without fail, but I can't quite put my finger on it.... Oh Yea! it's picking up and moving everything I own off the floor of the basement of our house, to avoid it getting soaked from the incoming deluge of gallons and gallons for water spewing from the pipe hole coming into our basement. Then, staying up all night and emptying the water from the trash can collector before it fills up and overflows!

Now there are line after line of clothes crossing our flat hopefully drying from the Air Conditioning and not turning into mold encased disgusting mats like so many other things here.

I'm not sure what is coming up next...I've been racking my brain for another yearly occurrence that hasn't happened yet. Probably bee stings or bees nest....or maybe hurting one of my knees or something...I'll stay posted....

Alright I'm done my rant for the day

2 comments:

  1. Adam- I can't stop laughing.... even though I shouldn't be because I feel bad for you. oh yeah we didn't have water in the basement this spring due to the gradual thaw... I guess it ended up in Hong Kong---oops! You were our savior last year with getting the water out and for that we thank you so much. Oh yes don't forget the bout with scabies when you were about seven. I guess this all keeps you on your toes- Hope things go better for you today. Have a good one- Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! Poor guy. Yearly occurences. . .how about me selling my current guitar on eBay and buying a new one? Nah. . .

    I'm gonna be looking at laptops soon, so I'll probably be talking to you about that at some point. 'til then, good luck with all the leaks and keep on writin'.

    ReplyDelete