Sunday, June 7, 2009

"The Return"

or "Two Polachs Diverge in Southeast Asia"

Long day of travel tomorrow,
Malaysia, Singapore, Macau, and Hong Kong. That makes 4 countries between 8 am and midnight if everything comes together, I should have a little bit more breathing room with respect to timings tomorrow than I initially thought, but I'm not going to expect anything (Don't make assumptions; agreement #3)

My schedule for tomorrow:
Part ways with James at 8am as I head to Singapore on a 3-4 hour bus ride and clear customs
4:10 check in for my flight
6:10 take off for Macau
9:50 land in Macau and clear customs...
11:00 catch Macau Ferry to Hong Kong Island
~12:00 am arrive on Hong Kong Island and clear customs...
12:30??? Scramble from the Macau piers to First Ferry pier 6 and catch the ferry to Lantau;
if I miss that then it's the dreaded "drunk boat" at 3 am... and a very late night.

So either I'll be crawling into bed in Pui O around 2 am or collapsing at around 4:30 am depending on how everything turns out. Oh well, there wasn't a whole lot of options from here in Malaysia, I didn't want to spend another night in Singapore (~$40 a night for a room) or a 6 hour bus ride to Kuala Lumpur and a night there somewhere. So now I'm trying to jam pack what we did coming here, 2 days and 2 nights of traveling into 1 day and 1 night.

I have some goals for when I get back to Hong Kong, I feel by writing them here they are put out into the universe and might actually be accomplished (If not at least I will have more things (excuses) to write about here)

-I want to clean the heck out of our bathroom (I'm embarrased at how disgusting ours is compared to the Me(a)ghan's bathroom)
-I'm going to get a nice fry pan and learn how to make Pataya fried rice and Roti and also some fruit pancakes
-I need to catch up on the 42 days of journal entries I've made

Have more to write but internet place is closing...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam-Followed you around Southeast Asia. Your experience sounds like fun and adventure filled. You are probably glad to be back in HK and getting settled before work begins. Work week will soon be upon you. Your mom called this am to let us know she had heard from you. So glad you had a safe and uneventful trip back. Just a little bit of delay was not too bad considering. Papa started your car-cleaned battery terminals-placed more dryer sheets in it to keep the critters at bay-everything went well. He drove around the yard-does not want the brakes to seize up. So much for now-keep safe.
    Love ya-Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete