Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm on my way

I'm in the car on the way to the airport in Burlington with my parents. We are just about to get on the ferry. My mind has been remembering everything all at once on this ride into Plattsburgh. Everything from what this was like my first time leaving, to all the things I had in my mind at that time not knowing what to expect. This all has evolved into me thinking how much my life has changed in the last 18 months and all the experiences I've gained. I think I've thought this many times in the past, ie 18 months ago and 18 months before that. Something I heard one of my mentors at ALE tell a student once was "there is no difference between you and me, I just have 10 more years of experiences behind me" AND wasn't (too) self destructive acquiring them. I don't know what the next 18 months will bring, I don't know what the next 24 hours will bring, but I do know that they'll add to my "experience" bank. I guess what this is all going towards is my insatiable strive to live life to its fullest, as cliche as that sounds.
Mobile Blogging from here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the twitter update on your travels. Glad you're that far, unfortunate for the turbulence,meal, and stomach trouble. Hope things go better for the trip over the HK. Please let us know when you finally get there. I will be checking your blog regularly today. We are thinking of you and love you. Love- Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann!

    Adam is supposed to arrive at 1:13 a.m. (well, 1:13 p.m. your time)! You can check his progress on www.hongkongairport.com - either just put in his flight number or origin (Tokyo) and airline (Delta), and it will let you know his ETA and when the plane actually lands, etc.

    I will be going to meet him at the airport! Just a couple more hours now, and he'll be here!

    I miss you and all the family very, very much!

    Lots of love,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Katy, for the info. today. It always puts my mind at ease knowing a little about what is going on. It was hard seeing Adam leave but we were comforted knowing you were waiting for him, as well as your family. We really had a great time with him home this summer and it was even greater when you came over!! We miss you too and will be in touch. Love you both- Mom/Ann (:

    ReplyDelete