Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh Hong Hong...

This place never ceases to amaze me...

I'm writing this on the ferry back to Mui Wo.
Mobile Blogging from here.


I went into the city today as Katy brought Jonathan to his Saturday lessons. I started on a wild Chinese goose chase to locate the newly relocated Apple service center to fix my iPood :).....again...

Ultimately, I found out where a bus I often take terminates, an amazingly beautiful and massive park in the middle of causeway bay (victoria park), and I partook in wandering and wandering and sweating and sweating in the 90 degree heat.  Luckinly,  I wasn't on a time schedule and I was so surprised at all the cool new places I found.

I located the building, only to walk around it multiple times.  However, I was able to reconnect to my long lost pal, good ol' pccw hotspot. He's never too far away. I loaded up apple's webpage and got a page with the address in English and Chinese and showed it to the doorman of the building, after almost 3 hours of traveling and searching I found the place on the 36th floor and took a number.

After a short talk with an attendant, she assured me that Steve Jobs would personally fly my replacement iPod in from Singapore and drop it off at the house in his iMobile powered completely off the cumulative energy of Apple owners self-righteousness. She also said that he'd throw in an upgrade to the 160gb model and an iPhone 4. You know, since we are old pals and all...

I then proceeded to walk to Wan Chai looking for a place to exchange my 'merica bux$

I ended up finding a surprising store in my travels; a hardware store in the middle of the city. It had so much more useful stuff than any other place I've been to in Hong Kong. I dare say it is my favorite store in the big HK. I was able to pick up a bunch of knick-knacks that have been frustrating me because I couldn't find them. These include a screw driver, dish towels, putty knife, blu-tac, cotton twine, balloon animals, thermos' plus much much more. I definitely need to go back.

I stumbled into a computer center investigating reports of my digital camera being there, but after scouring the entire place someone told me it "just left." After a little "persuasion" they said it actually went to the other computer center in Wan Chai. Thus, I was compelled to give chase. I scrambled to and through everything in the other store trying keep my mind from exploding with sheer awesomeness at the sights seen within. However, my camera continued to elude me, remaining free for this day...

I found an exchange place with a good rate and then took the tram to central and found an HSBC cash machine to eat my newly acquired pink bill$. then I scrambled to the pier and got a bowl of beef brisket soup and boiled lettuce to go on the ferry with. Now I'm writing the post high on MSG, salt, soy, and noodles. Looks like the ferry has arrived, time to meet Khem at his new place in Pui O...

1 comment:

  1. That's the ONLY way to write a blog post. I'm glad to hear you've found a place to find random essentials, especially balloon animals xD

    ReplyDelete