Monday, December 13, 2010

This is how we jig for perch in Hong Kong

Since the ice is coming in late this year, many locals have taken to hand line fishing off of this bridge. By the looks of their buckets full of silver dollar sized morsels, they probably don't have a daily limit.

This picture isn't very clear...I really should just get a digital camera.


I've started a new game with myself, it's called "$20" and it goes like this. I go to "Mackers" as the kiwis say or McDonalds as the rest of is say and see how much food I can get. BUT the kicker is I need to have 3.20 left over for the bus back to pui o. So far the McChicken/chocolate sundae combo works well.

I'm thinking I'll give the triple apple pie/ice cream cone combo a go the next time I don't mind throwing up. Any single a la carte item except for the Big N Tasty would do it, however, I rarely feel like taking a grease bath (well, before dinner that is...) Smelling like grease and onion is awesome enough in and of itself but once you add the pukey feeling after you take one of them bad boys down isn't usually on my daily agenda. There's also the "pork burger" which a warery slice of ham between the quarter pounder type bun. I could get three of those and still make the bus as long as I didn't die before I got to the queue. I'm back at home now and it's curry time.
Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from Doc Bones in Hong Kong

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I just can't stop laughing at your blog entries!!! Also got a good laugh from Karen's comment on last entry. We have had some real cold weather, lucky to get above 12 the last couple days-makes your 46 degrees look like a heat wave here. Things are well as we prepare for the holidays. Pick up Austy tomorrow around 2:00. He'll be home for about five weeks which will be nice. We are thinking of you and miss you so much. Love-Mom and everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete