Monday, February 23, 2009

Dreamt I went away in a steam powered aereoplane...





I bid farewell to everyone Saturday night as we left for Albany. We decided (mom, dad, and I) that rather than risking driving down early in questionable weather on Sunday we would go Saturday and sleep a night in a hotel.

After a restless nights sleep we woke up around 7am, ate the continental breakfast, and went to the Albany airport to check in.

The flight from Albany to Newark was pretty uneventful, one of my checked bags was one half pound less than the maximum limit (50lbs), I was pretty happy about that.

I ate at Newark and I am writing this aboard the 777 somewhere east of Hudson Bay, it is -72 F outside right now. We have travelled 1000 miles and cruising at 564 mph right now at 32,000ft. We will be withing 60 miles of the North Pole before we start heading south again. I'm so lucky I have an outlet for my laptop, but there are also personal movie screens for each person.

I just had the in-flight dinner and it was alright, steak, rice, and salad as I looked over the frozen wasteland of northern Quebec
-5:22 pm EST


I'm watching the sun come up over the Siberian tundra as I hit the halfway point of the flight. I've been staring out the window for almost an hour, awestruck with the sight of all the ice, snow, and cloud formations. I napped for a little while earlier, hopefully i can get a little more sleep soon.
-11:09 pm EST

No comments:

Post a Comment