Sunday, February 1, 2009

So it begins...Hong Kong here I come

Actually, the process to start working at Treasure Island Hong Kong began last September. Just within the last week has it actually become a reality for me. I will be a Senior Program Leader there for 13 months starting April 1, but I need to be there by February 25.

The last week was quite a blur, starting with a Skype interview with the owner last Tuesday, completing the application, receiving and signing the contract, organising visa documents, and getting recommendation letters in the works, among many other things. All while trying to make the decision on whether or not this was right for me. Then, by surprise, getting a chance to sit down face to face with the owner/director on Friday and easing much of my anxiety and concern.

Ultimately, I decided that opportunities like this are the reason that sent myself into a spiral of academic indecision in my second semester of college when I changed my major from computer science to undeclared. A spiral that was only finally arrested three semesters before I graduated when my Individualized Study Proposal was approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment