Friday, February 20, 2009

Hong Kong Blues



So I'm looking at my last full day in the US tomorrow. Three weeks of preparation have lead up to these moments. I'm 90% packed and ready to tie up the loose ends tomorrow. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly as I transition into a new lifestyle, but I expect it to be a challenge for me and I accept that.

I feel like I'm ready now. I've been saying goodbye to the same people for the last 3 weeks. I'm ready to get it over with, which is hard for me to say. I always feel so tied to this area and my network of friends and family. This became more and more evident over the last few weeks since I confirmed to work at Treasure Island. I keep thinking that a year is such a long time to be gone, but I know it will fly by once I get into the flow of things. Who knows, there might be a chance to come back at some point before 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment