Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hong Kong Random Thoughts

I've had a long past two days of training, learning the overview of the way things work. They took us for a hike last night and we came across either a python or a cobra. It was pretty cool to watch it make its way back into the woods.

We also saw the Big Buddha, the largest bronze Buddha in the world, the day before yesterday. I took some pictures, but my memory card lost them all and I couldn't recover them. Karma maybe?

The kids are coming next Monday for "Adventure Racing" which will consist of repelling, kayaking, initiatives, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

I took some tricks from my ALE tool bag and taught my co-workers the wonderful games Bunny Bunny, Yee-Haw, and Mrs. Sally Walker with a rhythm circle thrown in there. It was great.

This is a pretty random post, I miss my banjo hopefully I can find one here or get mine sent to me soon. There are a lot of British people around here too. The public transportation is excellent and cheap, pretty much everything is 10-25% less than its American equivalent. It's been probably 10 years since I could buy a soda for less than $1 in the states and this stuff has real sugar in it! I also bought some Pocari Sweat, solely based on it's name, it's like Powerade but less concentrated. The only coffee you can get around here is instant, which pretty much means it's aweful. I still drink it, I can't help myself.

I'll have to leave my experiences with the Pui O/Hong Kong culture for another time, it's been pretty interesting so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment