Monday, May 17, 2010

Back in the USA...

I'm not sure who else reads this blog besides my family, but just to catch you up if you read and somehow haven't heard I'm back in the US.  I arrived Friday afternoon in JFK after taking off Friday morning from Hong Kong.  I first had a 5 hour flight up to Tokyo, Japan then an hour layover and then a 12 hour flight to JFK around the Pacific Rim, then across Washington state and the northern midwest states before finally touching down in JFK.  I landed and got through customs pretty quickly then had about a 5 hour wait to get my Jet Blue flight to Burlington, VT.  Well it started out as a 5 hour wait, then it evolved into an 8 hour wait because of runway construction or something at JFK and some windy weather system moving in.  Jet Blue in JFK had a really nice terminal at JFK and I ate some good food and had lots of Wifi, then took a little nap before waking up startled that I was supposed to be boarding in 15 minutes after the time they told me had been pushed up from 10pm to 9pm.

I arrived in Burlington after a 45 minute flight at almost 1am, I sat on the runway in JFK for about 2.5 hours after boarding at 9:00pm.  I met my mom and dad right away after getting off and then grabbed my bags, went out into the chilly lower 50s early Vermont morning.

I had a decent sleep that night, but still felt like a zombie all of saturday, had long conversations with family members, then Karen and Tyler stopped by for a while.

Sunday I went out to breakfast with the family, then came back and lounged around, then took too long of a nap and threw off my schedule...

Today I was supposed to go fishing, but that is postponed until tomorrow.  I'll also play some music tomorrow morning.

1 comment: