Monday, May 3, 2010

Thai-la

Making a batch of naan right now with a recipe from a book Katy bought me, it's different from all the other recipes I've tried, but it looks ok so far.  I just finished kneading it and now I'm letting it sit for 20 minutes.

Going to clean up the banjo tonight also, I need to bring it back soon (good riddance).

The weather has turned nicer here, well it's warmer at least and the sun was out today.

I helped Khem move from the T.I. flat into his new temporary place yesterday.  I spent the weekend in Ma On Shan with Katy and family, the usual Sunday.  I gave Khem a call after getting back to Pui O and went right over, we made two trips and then he bought me a Pocari Sweat.

I went back to my flat after not feeling the greatest, but I drank almost 2 liters of water and that helped me.  Khem called me back at around 7:30, "Adam! I must to have you come to my home, I have thee wine bottle" so I went over.  The gracious host that he is, Khem always has you eat with him too, so we had some leftover curry pork appetizer and a curry chicken and "tal-ka-lee" (vegetable) for the main course.  We talked for a while, Khem talking about the plans for his company.

Then I returned to Sun Wai and proceeded to talk on the phone for about 2 straight hours.  It was all really good, getting things organized here, things prepared for leaving, things sorted for when I get back, all that...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Adam- a very busy time for you!! We are thinking of you and Katy. Glad you could get together with Khem. He seems like such a great guy. Great to talk to you yesterday too. We'll be in touch. Love ya-Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there- Thanks for the opportunity to hear Austy's show. I hadn't heard it yet due to working or some technical difficulty when I was home so it was great to finally hear it!! It was really cool-esp. the dedications/tribute to you. Things are well here. The trees are really getting green. The leaves seem to have grown overnight after the snow/rain. It really looks springy around here. Hope things are well with you. Sounds like you are keeping busy for sure. Thinking of you and love you- Mom Hi to Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam-Thinking of you and wishing you well with everything going on in your life. Looking forward to your arrival home and hearing about all your adventures. We've never known anyone who has spent time in HK. Spring has definitely arrived-the leaves and the lawns are so very green. It's a lovely sight after 7 months of grays and browns. The sky has been so bright blue-love it. Read your entries on twitter-getting into some cooking. Papa sends his love. Have a great and pleasant week. Thinking of you-keep safe.
    Love Nana & Papa C

    ReplyDelete