Saturday, December 12, 2009

All over but the leavin'

This last week marked our final camp at T.I. a brief overview of the week:

Monday-Half day of work, part of it was spent preparing the Hong Kong Great Race for another corporate group on Thursday then some pack down an putting a bunch of stuff away for the season

Tuesday-Half day, preparing our program for Wednesday through Friday

Wednesday-Met the school at the Mui Wo ferry pier, 23 kids with myself and fellow PSU alumni/co-leader Onnalea. I lead half of them in an hour long "Sandy Shores" lesson followed by an hour of beach cleanup. Then an hour of gardening, then finishing with an hour lesson on "Wetlands Ecology" it all went pretty well.

Thursday-We all went to Tai O in North West of Lantau to take part in Shaolin martial arts training with the kids, I thought it was really fun, but the kids didn't thinks so, they're lazy so all the stretching and strength and balance activities didn't go over too well with them.

We had a vegetarian lunch there and then we started our guided tour of Tai O, the tour was about 2.5 hours and I learned quite a bit about one of the 4 remaining Hong Kong fishing villages
After getting back to Pui O the kids had free time on the beach and then we went to the public campsite for our BBQ, then it was night time activities and then bed

Friday-Have the kids pack up then an "Adventure Challenge" on the beach which they all loved, except when the teachers jumped in and messed things up... Before I knew it the kids were on the bus back to catch the 12:50 ferry and that was the end of my Fall season at T.I.

We had lunch and finished the little bit of packdown left, then I came home and met Katy and we went back down to the beach for our usual Friday Beer and Burgers.

Saturday-Another half day spent setting up an iMac and getting 126GB of music imported into iTunes and playlists synced with the iPod, however my sickness set in the night before and I'm still trying to recover from this, It's probably a virus, I almost thought it was from the burger I had on Friday, but probably not.

Sunday-Not doing a whole lot today except drinking tea and being a couch potato, occasionally interrupted by being a toilet potato... Looks like i'll be a significant potato tomorrow recovering as well, the staff adventure race is out of the question for me right now, unfortunately.

2 comments:

  1. I love the new layout! Sounds like you had a busy week... although I'm sure you always do. Sucks about the sickness, I'm kind of getting sick, too.
    Are those eggs in the last picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are duck egg yolks, the local fisherman use the white to repair their nets then save the yolk to sun dry over a bed of sea salt. After they become solid they are stored until eaten, usually steamed

    ReplyDelete