Monday, December 14, 2009

Don't call my name out your window when you're leavin'

We had our T.I Christmas party today, which was preceded by a grueling adventure race that took 3+ hours to complete.


I didn't take part in the adventure race, I just made my way down to watch everyone cross the finish line. I also worked on making my "secret santa" gifts, which were an alcohol stove made from two Nescafe cans and two olive oil candles each with their own fuel and a lighter.

I ended up falling asleep on the bean bags in the restaurant for a few minutes before waking up and grabbing some samosas and a spring roll before going home to rest some more.

We all returned to the beach at 5 for appetizers, there were easels set up for paining and a Mahjong table, I learned how to play real Mahjong, not that tile matching game on the computer, it's more like rummy but with tiles.

We exchanged presents at 6:30 or so, I ended getting a pen holder had crafted from bamboo, it was pretty nice. Then the food was brought out and I was only really in the mood for the ribs and chicken wings, so that's what I ate. And some chocolate fondue afterward. Then I got a ride home in the van. Tomorrow is payday and maybe Chinese doctor time to see if I can shake this sickness with a little bit of powdered cobra tongue and powdered rat tail...



No comments:

Post a Comment