Saturday, January 23, 2010

7 Days from Nepal

Quick summary of the last couple of days....

Thursday
-Took apart the old and massive IKEA desk and replaced it with the green one that I painted and replaced all the things on it
-Continued working on my damn computer that's been DOA for almost a week now, I'm ready to cut my losses and throw it off the balcony...
-Hiked up Eagle Crag (Seen at the end of the post)

Friday
-Had English breakfast in Mui Wo ($25 HKD)
-Went to HSBC
-Bought makings for Irish Cream and then cursed the world because I couldn't find rice crispies anywhere
-Took a solo taxi back to Pui O (A rare occurrence for me)
-Katy came over after work and I cooked us pasta and my special spicy rosé sauce (Which is actually whatever marinara I have mixed with whatever alfredo I have and whatever hot sauce I have, but don't tell Katy that....)
Saturday
-Katy and I went and walked around Mui Wo and browsed a lot of stores and ended up buying an end-coffee-dinner table for the flat and also a wardrobe-dresser.  Now I can stop living out of my sister's suitcase!
-I made eggs and toast for dinner (I'm gradually chipping away at the three dozen Adrienne gave me two weeks ago)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adam- your Chinese name and meanings are really cool to read. We got a kick out of it, it all sounds so much like you! The pictures of your flat are nice, too. The wardrobe/dresser is quite nice. Karen says to not get to attached to the flat because she may not let you go back!!! I think she really, really misses her big brother. Wanted to let you know Papa P. is still not doing great. The doctor is sending him home with oxygen for now. They did a scoping of a lung but he did have some bleeding so they had to stop and were only able to get a scraping of tissue in his lung. They are awaiting results on that, take a few days. His heart is only really functioning at like 25% capacity. Don't know what to think on this one, hope things will work out over the next week, please say a few prayers for him. Hope things are well with you and Katy. Will talk to you soon regarding this whole situation. It has been quite the winter... Thinking of you and love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete